Sign up with Facebook or Twitter to start Yacking and sharing with friends!
Yackit lets you host your own talk show with an unlimited audience. You can advertise the show with an 11.5s commercial.
- You can start or schedule a talk show via "Start a Live Talk Show" in the navigation bar. Shows can start immediately or be scheduled for a later date and time.
- When you start the show, you automatically become the moderator. You get to choose who speaks by clicking "make speaker" or boot them off to make room for the next guest.
- You will be given a URL and can promote the event on your blog, Facebook account, and Twitter. If you Facebook and Twitter Connect, your show will be posted automatically when you start!
Yackit 11.5s commercials let you record short commercials to promote your show. They can be shared via Yackit, Facebook, and Twitter. Your audience can video respond with comments or suggestions.
Branded subdomains with more advanced dashboards, and premium features for talks shows and commercials are available for partners. Yackit enables, brands, media personalities, politicians and educators to set up a branded talk show channel. For more info, contact Jordan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an issue with several versions of the Adobe Flash software - I’m sure they’re working to fix it. In the meantime we’re doing what we can to work around it.
If your setting window is freezing and you’re not on a Mac using Firefox, please let us know in the beta feedback form.
There are two fixes that usually work for Mac users:
- Download the most recent version of Flash from Adobe: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer
- If that doesn’t work there’s another fix - it sounds drastic, but it should solve the problem:
- Go to your Finder, select your user account in “Places”, select Library, then Caches, then Adobe and then Flash Player. Delete the Flash Player folder.
- Then still under Library, go to Preferences, then Macromedia and Flash Player. Delete the Flash Player folder.
Flash does not allow any site to request access to your camera if your browser is in Private or Incognito Browsing mode. If you would like to start or join a show, you must access the site without this privacy feature.
If you are still having an issue while using standard browser settings, please submit a beta feedback form with a screenshot of the approval screen attached.
Adobe provides updates at the following URL: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer
Yes. You can use Facebook Connect from either the home page or the Registration page.
When you start a talk show, you’ll be asked to schedule a time and then invite people. You can invite your friends at this point by entering their emails.
- Make sure you have a functioning built in or external mic . The system will ask you to run a mic check and pick the best mic.
- Speak loudly and clearly and choose an environment that is free of external noise.
- Try adjusting your mic volume.
- Make sure you do not have two computers logged into yackit at the same time. If you must watch from a second computer, be sure to mute the mic and speaker on that computer.
- Headphones often prevent many of the above issues.